Chandigarh, October 16
Just a week after the devastating fire at the PGI Nehru Hospital’s ‘C’ block, the institute was once again struck by a fire emergency, this time at the Advanced Eye Centre.
The fire occurred at 9.30 am on Monday.
The source of the fire was traced to the UPS battery room of the Advanced Eye Centre, where the fire started and quickly spread.
No injuries have been reported.
Last week, a fire had broken out at the computer room in ‘C’ block of Nehru Hospital.
The investigation had revealed that a short circuit in the UPS room, containing a significant battery count of over 100 units, had caused a powerful blast that ignited electric cables and ruptured an oxygen pipeline, leading to the inferno.